<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7092395937667971311?origin\x3dhttp://omg-raptor.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script></body>
I'm a recent college graduate with a major in German.

I spent the 08-09 academic year in Marburg, Germany (check the archives!). This blog is an archive of my year abroad and all of my adventures there, and a few posts about my last year in college!
    Project 365 +  My Flickr
    Deutschland Thus Far +  Heidelberg, Germany
    Mainz, Germany +  Celebration Trip to Frankfurt
    Paris, France (20th Birthday) +  Thanksgiving!
    Marburg b(u)y Night +  Wiesbaden Weihnachtsmarkt
    Marburg by Sunlight! +  London!
    Frankfurt Flea Market! +  Meenzer Fassenacht!
    Madrid Part I +  Madrid Part II
    Madrid Part III +  Castle Frankenstein
    Mainz, Again!
    April 2008 + May 2008 + June 2008 + July 2008 + August 2008 + September 2008 + October 2008 + November 2008 + December 2008 + January 2009 + February 2009 + March 2009 + April 2009 + May 2009 + June 2009 + July 2009 + August 2009 + September 2009 + October 2009 + November 2009 + December 2009 + January 2010 + February 2010 + March 2010
    Apartment Inspiration, baking + books + Cincinnati + election + food + gaming + geekery + Germany + hooping + kitties + life + links + memes + movies + music + projects + school + shopping + TILT + travels + useful factoids

    All the Luck in the World  +  A Field Journal
    Bright Young Thing +  Cake Wrecks
    Casey's Musings +  CMYKaboom!
    Cupcakes and Mace +  Curious Bird
    Daddy Likey +  Darling Dexter
    Design*Sponge +  Doe Deere
    Dooce +  Door Sixteen
    Dramatis Personae +  Etsy
    Gala Darling +  Gallivant
    Geninne's Art Blog +  Half Accidental
    I Can Has Cheezburger +  Inside a Black Apple
    Lick My Cupcakes +  Life of Bridey
    Nothing but Bonfires +  Penguin & Fish
    Photoshop Disasters +  Postcards From Simitopia
    PostRejects +  PostSecret
    Secret Society of List Addicts +  Some Girls Wander
    Strawberry Kitten +  The Dainty Squid
    The Republic of Brooke +  The Snail and the Cyclops
    Yes and Yes

     Subscribe to get posts from omg!raptor in a reader!

    Monday, April 6, 2009



    Classes finally start again next week - I'm glad and at the same time, I'm not. I feel like having three months between semesters is a huge waste of time. I mean getting out of class in the middle of July - suckz0rz! I'm trying not to get too bummed at the prospect of spending eight consecutive hours in class on Wednesdays for the next four months but, you know what, that's really hard. I'll have two classes Tuesday, four Wednesday, two Thursday and one Friday - so far. I might need to take another one or two. Nine classes is ridiculous. I honestly feel like the German education system is doing it's damndest to frustrate me.

    In an attempt to distract myself from all this, I've done a bunch of cooking and baking lately and a lot of image hoarding on teh interwebs. 

    I made a quiche a couple of days ago and was very proud of the results! For me, quiche is a very special, feel-good food because it's something my mom only makes on special occasions. When I was younger and still lived in Iowa, when my sister would come to visit, my mom would make quiche. Now, mom comes out to visit us in Ohio for Christmas and quiche has become our traditional Christmas food - quiche for breakfast, presents, lolling around, take-out for dinner, sleep. So yeah, having quiche on a day other than Christmas, awesome.

    I've also learned how to pan-fry chicken this week and have been making lemon chicken pretty much every day. It's nice to not be eating pasta for once! I sent a message to my roommate for next year and told her that we might not starve to death because I can (kind of) cook now! Erfolg!

    I've taken on the arduous task of making ham sammiches today as well. Just the basic, elementary school, cafeteria lunch ham sammich. White bread + Miracle Whip + Ham = trying to peel bread off the roof of your mouth with your tongue for half an hour. It's absurd, but I totally adore that!

    And lastly, due to my fidgetiness, I've switched to Vi.sualize.us and dropped We Heart It. I've gotten through moving five pages of images - just five more to go!

    Labels: , ,

    posted by Edita • 4:49 PM • 2 Comments